Monday, November 8, 2010

Quarter 1 reflection

Throughout the first quarter AP Lit has been one of my most powerful classes. I have learned so many new things, and have reviewed and expanded my knowledge on many topics. For example, I learned how to read literature and gain more understanding on a piece. My favorite reading in the first quarter was "The Shawl" , this story was the most emotional, and and descripitive story. I felt like I had a personal connection to the mother in this story and I enojoyed annotating it. I  learned how to analyze literature, by annotating,using marginals,signs,and highlighiting. This has helped me have a conversation with the author and has helped my creative side grow. Because when the quarter first started I didn't really understand many concepts of literature, or have any creativity on how to infer what the author's message is. This is why one of my favorite lessons were when the class had to draw a picture using what Ms. Ahearn had described. We also had to use the picture we drew to create a story or describe what is occuring. This seemed very easy until I heard everyone else's story and realized that I really didn't think beyond and that my ideas were in a box. This was an epiphany that I believe will help me in the future,especially in this class. Because now I understand how to be creative and think of other perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment